SWC Series Cardan Shaft Universal Coupling With Flange Diameter 550mm For Rolling Mill
Why choose us!
|structure||Type A||Flexible or Rigid||Rigid||Standard or Nonstandard||Standard|
|Materia||Alloy steel||Brand name||HangZhou XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS.||Place of origin||ZheJiang ,China|
|Model||SWC550A||materials of yokes||35CrMo||Length||customization|
|Flange DIA||550mm||Nominal torque||1000KN.m||coating||heavy duty industrial paint|
|Paint clour||customization||Application||Industrial machinery||OEM/ODM||Available|
|Certification||ISO,TUV,SGS||Price||calculate according to model||Custom service||Available|
Packaging & Delivery
Packaging details:Standard plywood case
Delivery detail: 15 -20 working days,depend on the actual produce condition
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing cardan shafts. We supply cardan shafts for the wholesalers , dealers and end-users from different countries.
Q: Can you do OEM? And what is your min order ?
A: Yes, absolutely. Generally, min order is1 set. Most of our products are Customized. Each order from our factory, we always produce cardan shaft after customer confirmed the drawing. So we didn’t have stock.
Q: How does your factory do regarding quality control?
A:Quality is priority! We always attach great importance to quality controlling from the very beginning to the end:
1) Firstly, we have QC department to control the quality
2) Secondly, we have all detailed records for nonconformity products, then we will make summary according to these records, avoid it happen again.
3) Thirdly,In order to meet world-class quality standards strict requirements, we passed the SGS, TUV product certification.
4)Fourthly,Have first-class production equipment, including CNC Machines and machining center.
What Role Does a Flange Coupling Play in Reducing Downtime and Maintenance Costs?
A flange coupling plays a crucial role in reducing downtime and maintenance costs in mechanical systems. Here are the key ways it contributes to these benefits:
- Misalignment Compensation: Flange couplings can accommodate a certain degree of misalignment between the shafts, both angular and parallel. By allowing for misalignment, the coupling reduces the chances of mechanical failures caused by rigid connections. This flexibility minimizes stress and wear on the connected equipment and helps prevent unexpected downtime due to alignment issues.
- Vibration Damping: Flange couplings with flexible elements, such as elastomeric inserts, help dampen vibrations in the system. By absorbing and dissipating vibration forces, the coupling protects the equipment from excessive vibrations that could lead to component failure and unplanned downtime.
- Shock Load Absorption: In some applications, sudden shock loads or torque spikes can occur. Flange couplings with flexible elements have a certain shock-absorbing capacity, which prevents damage to the machinery and reduces the likelihood of unplanned downtime caused by sudden impact loads.
- Easy Maintenance and Inspection: Flange couplings are designed for easy installation, maintenance, and inspection. They usually consist of fewer parts and are accessible for visual inspections and lubrication. This ease of maintenance allows for quick identification of any wear or misalignment issues, enabling timely corrective actions to avoid costly breakdowns.
- Long Service Life: Flange couplings are typically constructed from durable materials that can withstand demanding operating conditions. When properly selected and maintained, they offer a long service life with minimal wear and replacement requirements. This longevity contributes to reduced maintenance costs and fewer replacement expenses over the equipment’s lifetime.
- Cost-Effective Design: Flange couplings are available in a variety of materials and configurations, offering cost-effective solutions for power transmission needs. Their relatively simple design and easy installation further contribute to cost savings during the initial setup and routine maintenance.
Overall, a well-chosen and properly maintained flange coupling enhances the reliability and efficiency of mechanical systems, reducing downtime, and lowering maintenance costs in industrial applications.
Maintenance-Free Flange Couplings
Flange couplings can be designed to be maintenance-free, meaning they require minimal or no regular maintenance throughout their operational life. The key features and options that contribute to maintenance-free flange couplings include:
- Sealed and Lubricated: Some flange couplings are sealed and pre-lubricated with high-performance grease during the manufacturing process. This ensures that the coupling remains properly lubricated over an extended period, eliminating the need for routine lubrication.
- Self-Lubricating Materials: Certain flange couplings are constructed from self-lubricating materials, such as polymers or composites, that provide a low-friction interface between the mating surfaces. This reduces wear and eliminates the need for additional lubrication.
- Maintenance-Free Bearings: Flange couplings with integrated maintenance-free bearings further enhance the overall maintenance-free operation. These bearings are designed to withstand the required loads and provide long-lasting performance without the need for regular lubrication.
- Corrosion-Resistant Materials: Flange couplings made from corrosion-resistant materials, such as stainless steel or coated alloys, can resist environmental factors that might lead to corrosion and premature wear, resulting in extended maintenance intervals.
- Robust Design: A well-engineered flange coupling with a robust design can withstand harsh conditions, shock loads, and other stresses, reducing the likelihood of component failure and the need for maintenance.
It is essential to select a flange coupling that is specifically labeled as “maintenance-free” or “self-lubricating” by the manufacturer to ensure that it meets your maintenance objectives. However, it’s important to note that even maintenance-free flange couplings may still require periodic inspection to check for wear, alignment issues, or other potential problems.
Limitations and Disadvantages of Flange Couplings
While flange couplings offer several advantages, they also have some limitations and disadvantages that should be considered when selecting them for a specific application:
- 1. Size and Weight: Flange couplings tend to be larger and heavier compared to some other coupling types. This can be a limitation in applications where space and weight are critical factors.
- 2. Higher Cost: Flange couplings can be more expensive to manufacture and install compared to simpler coupling designs like sleeve couplings or clamp couplings.
- 3. Complex Installation: Installing flange couplings may require more time and expertise due to their intricate design and multiple components, including bolts and gaskets.
- 4. Rigidity: Flange couplings are relatively rigid, which means they may not accommodate as much misalignment as flexible couplings. Excessive misalignment can lead to increased stress on the equipment and coupling, potentially resulting in premature failure.
- 5. Bolt Stress: Proper tightening of the bolts is crucial for the effective functioning of flange couplings. Over-tightening or under-tightening the bolts can lead to bolt fatigue or coupling slippage.
- 6. Noise and Vibration Transmission: Flange couplings, especially rigid designs, can transmit more noise and vibration compared to flexible couplings, potentially affecting the performance and longevity of connected equipment.
- 7. Maintenance: Flange couplings may require more frequent maintenance due to the presence of multiple components and the need to periodically check bolt tightness and gasket conditions.
- 8. Corrosion: Depending on the material used, flange couplings may be susceptible to corrosion in certain environments. Corrosion can compromise the integrity of the coupling and reduce its service life.
Despite these limitations, flange couplings are still widely used in various industrial applications due to their robustness, high torque capacity, and ability to handle heavy loads. Proper application, installation, and maintenance can help mitigate some of these disadvantages and ensure the reliable performance of flange couplings in a wide range of systems.
editor by CX 2023-08-10