SWC Series Cardan Shaft Universal Coupling With Flange Diameter 550mm For Rolling Mill
Why choose us!
|structure||Type A||Flexible or Rigid||Rigid||Standard or Nonstandard||Standard|
|Materia||Alloy steel||Brand name||HangZhou XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS.||Place of origin||ZheJiang ,China|
|Model||SWC550A||materials of yokes||35CrMo||Length||customization|
|Flange DIA||550mm||Nominal torque||1000KN.m||coating||heavy duty industrial paint|
|Paint clour||customization||Application||Industrial machinery||OEM/ODM||Available|
|Certification||ISO,TUV,SGS||Price||calculate according to model||Custom service||Available|
Packaging & Delivery
Packaging details:Standard plywood case
Delivery detail: 15 -20 working days,depend on the actual produce condition
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing cardan shafts. We supply cardan shafts for the wholesalers , dealers and end-users from different countries.
Q: Can you do OEM? And what is your min order ?
A: Yes, absolutely. Generally, min order is1 set. Most of our products are Customized. Each order from our factory, we always produce cardan shaft after customer confirmed the drawing. So we didn’t have stock.
Q: How does your factory do regarding quality control?
A:Quality is priority! We always attach great importance to quality controlling from the very beginning to the end:
1) Firstly, we have QC department to control the quality
2) Secondly, we have all detailed records for nonconformity products, then we will make summary according to these records, avoid it happen again.
3) Thirdly,In order to meet world-class quality standards strict requirements, we passed the SGS, TUV product certification.
4)Fourthly,Have first-class production equipment, including CNC Machines and machining center.
Torque and Speed Ratings of Flange Couplings
Flange couplings are available in various sizes and designs to accommodate a wide range of torque and rotational speed requirements. The torque and speed ratings of flange couplings depend on several factors, including their size, material, and design.
The torque rating of a flange coupling indicates the maximum amount of torque it can transmit without experiencing failure or damage. It is typically specified in Nm (Newton-meters) or lb-ft (pound-feet). The torque rating varies for different sizes and types of flange couplings. Larger flange couplings generally have higher torque ratings compared to smaller ones.
The speed rating of a flange coupling represents the maximum rotational speed at which it can operate reliably without excessive vibration or wear. It is typically expressed in RPM (revolutions per minute). The speed rating is influenced by factors such as the design, material, and balancing of the flange coupling. Higher-speed applications require flange couplings that can handle the increased centrifugal forces and dynamic loads associated with higher RPMs.
Size and Type:
The torque and speed ratings vary for different sizes and types of flange couplings. For example:
- Smaller flange couplings, such as those used in light-duty applications, may have torque ratings ranging from a few Nm to several hundred Nm, and speed ratings up to a few thousand RPM.
- Larger flange couplings, used in heavy-duty industrial applications, can have torque ratings exceeding several thousand Nm and speed ratings that may reach tens of thousands of RPM.
- Flexible flange couplings may have slightly lower torque ratings compared to rigid flange couplings but offer greater misalignment compensation.
It is essential to refer to the manufacturer’s specifications and technical data to determine the specific torque and speed ratings for each size and type of flange coupling. Manufacturers typically provide detailed performance data to help users select the appropriate flange coupling for their specific application.
When selecting a flange coupling, it is crucial to consider the torque and speed requirements of the application. The operating conditions, such as load fluctuations and thermal effects, should also be taken into account to ensure the flange coupling’s reliable performance and longevity.
Flange couplings come in various sizes and designs, each with its own torque and speed ratings. Properly selecting a flange coupling that meets the specific torque and speed requirements of the application is essential to ensure efficient and trouble-free power transmission in mechanical systems.
Flange Couplings and Variable Operating Conditions
Flange couplings are designed to accommodate a wide range of operating conditions and loads, making them versatile and suitable for various applications. The key factors that enable flange couplings to handle variable operating conditions and loads include:
- Flexible Design: Some flange couplings, such as flexible flange couplings or disc couplings, are designed to have some degree of flexibility. This flexibility allows them to compensate for misalignment between shafts, which is often encountered in real-world applications.
- Material Selection: Flange couplings are available in different materials to suit specific operating conditions. For example, stainless steel flange couplings are ideal for corrosive environments, while high-strength steel couplings are suitable for heavy-duty applications.
- Customization: Many flange coupling manufacturers offer customization options to tailor the coupling’s design to meet specific requirements. This may include modifying the coupling’s size, material, or torque capacity.
- Load Distribution: Flange couplings are designed to distribute loads evenly between the connected shafts. This even distribution of load helps prevent premature wear and reduces stress on the shafts and other connected equipment.
- High Torque Capacity: Flange couplings are available in various designs, including those suitable for high torque applications. This allows them to handle varying levels of torque without compromising performance.
- Temperature and Environmental Resistance: Flange couplings made from appropriate materials can withstand a wide range of temperatures and environmental conditions, making them suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
It is essential to consider the specific requirements of your application and the potential variations in operating conditions and loads when selecting a flange coupling. This ensures that the chosen coupling can reliably and efficiently transmit power while accommodating any changes in the operating environment.
How Do Flange Couplings Compare to Other Types of Couplings in Terms of Performance?
Flange couplings offer several advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of couplings, and their performance depends on the specific requirements of the application. Here’s a comparison of flange couplings with other common coupling types:
1. Flexible Couplings:– Misalignment Handling: Flexible couplings, such as elastomeric or jaw couplings, excel in handling shaft misalignment, both angular and axial. Flange couplings have limited misalignment accommodation compared to flexible couplings.- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings can absorb and dampen vibrations, reducing the impact on connected equipment. Flange couplings, being rigid, provide less vibration dampening.- Load Capacity: Flange couplings can handle higher torque and loads due to their rigid design, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications. Flexible couplings have a lower torque and load capacity but offer other benefits.2. Gear Couplings:– Misalignment Handling: Gear couplings are capable of handling higher levels of misalignment, especially angular misalignment.- Load Capacity: Gear couplings are robust and can transmit high torque and handle heavy loads similar to flange couplings.- Complexity: Gear couplings have a more intricate design compared to flange couplings, which may result in higher manufacturing costs.3. Disc Couplings:– Misalignment Handling: Disc couplings can accommodate moderate misalignment, but they are not as effective as flexible couplings in this aspect.- Torsional Stiffness: Disc couplings offer high torsional stiffness, making them suitable for precise motion control applications.- Temperature Resistance: Disc couplings can withstand higher operating temperatures compared to some other coupling types.4. Fluid Couplings:– Slip Capability: Fluid couplings provide slip between input and output, allowing for smoother starts and reduced shock loads during acceleration.- Efficiency: Fluid couplings may introduce power losses due to fluid shear, resulting in lower efficiency compared to some other coupling types.In summary, flange couplings are ideal for applications requiring high torque transmission and rigid shaft connections. They are commonly used in industrial machinery, pumps, and compressors. However, for applications with misalignment issues, vibration concerns, or the need for torsional flexibility, other coupling types like flexible couplings or gear couplings might be more suitable. The choice of coupling depends on factors such as the specific application, misalignment, load requirements, and the desired level of vibration isolation or damping needed in the system.
editor by CX 2023-10-04